1. Who are the beneficiaries of the SGX Bull Charge?
Partnering Community Chest, we work closely with our five beneficiaries, namely Autism Association (Singapore), AWWA Ltd, Fei Yue Community Services, HCSA Community Services, and Shared Services for Charities. You may read more about them here.
2. What are the upcoming events of SGX Bull Charge this year?
Due to COVID-19, there will only be one fundraising event this year. SGX Bull Charge Virtual Charity Run 2020 will take place from 30 October to 13 November 2020.
3. What were the previous fundraising events and activities of SGX Bull Charge?
You may read more about our fundraising events and activities here. Also, you may view photos of past Bull Charge events in our gallery here.
1. When are the dates of the run?
Friday, 30 October, 6.30pm to Friday, 13 November, 8.00pm (Singapore time).
2. Where can I run?
You are able to run at any location (parks, stadiums, treadmill). Please ensure that you do not run in large groups and adhere to the safety distancing measures. Do look out for any updates on gov.sg.
3. How do I start my run?
You will need to download the event mobile app to track your runs. More details will be released on this page at a later date.
4. How is my run being tracked?
The SGX Bull Charge app utilises a pedometer coupled with GPS tracking to provide you with the distance covered during your walk or run. To view your performance from your walk or run, tap on “Progress” and select “View My Progress In Detail”.
5. Can I run before the running period?
The route selection and tracking features on the app will only be enabled on 30 October 2020, 6.30pm (SGT).
6. What is the cut off time?
The run will officially end on Friday, 13 November, 8pm (SGT).
7. How do I submit my run?
Each run will be automatically recorded on your app. Be sure to start the tracking before each run.
8. I intend to run multiple days. How do I use the app to track this?
The app will capture details from each of your run.
9. What is Chief Challenge?
Chief Challenge is a 3km virtual race, held exclusively for company heads and is held at the start of the SGX Bull Charge Charity Run, before the kick off for the Mass Run.
10. When does Chief Challenge start?
The virtual Chief Challenge will start on Friday, 30 October 2020, 6pm (SGT).
11. Can I join the Chief Challenge?
The Chief Challenge is an exclusive race exclusive for company heads only.
12. When will the SGX Bull Charge app be available for download?
The SGX Bull Charge app will be available in October. You will be notified via your registered email once the app is ready for download.
13. Can I dispute the distance clocked on the app?
Should you find a discrepancy in the distance clocked, please take a screenshot of the distance clocked on the app and submit it together with any supporting image(s) on the actual distance clocked to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Is the collective distance covered correlated to the funds raised?
Every step counts. For every 1km completed, SGX will donate $5 to our beneficiaries, up to $500,000.
1. What are the sponsorship packages available?
Please refer to this page for more information.
2. What categories are included in Corporate registration?
Mass Run and Chief Challenge.
3. When is the dateline for sponsorship?
All forms need to be submitted to email@example.com by 30 September 2020.
1. How do I register?
As this is a charity run, you will need to make a cash donation (tax-deductible) in order to participate.
All proceeds go to our five beneficiaries, namely, Autism Association (Singapore), AWWA Ltd, Fei Yue Community Services, HCSA Community Services and Share Services for Charities.
2. What is the registration fee and mode of payment?
Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
1. How do I register for the race?
You may register at sgxbullcharge.com. Your company must be signed up as a sponsor for the event and a voucher code will be provided to your Corporate Person-in-charge.
2. Do I register with my work or personal email?
Kindly register with your corporate email address.
3. What if I signed up with the wrong email address?
Please reach out to the SGX team at email@example.com to inform us of the error in your registration process.
4. How do I know if my registration is successful?
You will receive a confirmation email upon successful registration, should you fail to receive the confirmation email, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Can I register without a voucher code?
No, you will not be able to join the event without a provided voucher code.
6. Can I sign up for the race if I am based outside of Singapore?
Yes you may, that’s the beauty of taking the event virtual!
7. I registered but did not receive a confirmation email.
Please reach out to email@example.com
8. When will registration of the event close?
Registration for SGX Bull Charge Virtual Charity Run will close at 2359h, 16 October 2020.
9. Why do I need to indicate my height?
The SGX Bull Charge app utilises an instrument called a pedometer, which is often used by joggers and walkers to inform them how far a distance they have gone. Indicating your height will help to get an accurate reading of the distance taken. As the length of a person’s legs is related to their height by a ratio, the latter will affect how long of a step he takes. The longer each step, the more distance a person travels when taking the same number of steps while walking, jogging or running. This ratio, combined with the motions involved in walking and running, is used by pedometers to calculate traversed distances.
10. Where do I redeem my goodie bag/ running t-shirt?
SGX Bull Charge Virtual Charity Run 2020 will see a reduction of our carbon footprint in tandem of going virtual, hence there will not be any physical goodie bags distributed this year. But do look out for the exclusive promotions we will be bringing to you on the SGX Bull Charge App.
11. I am the overall-in-charge for my corporate’s registration. How do I track who has registered?
You may reach out to the the SGX Bull Charge team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request for your corporate’s registration report.
12. Must I form a team of four within my company?
No, you do not need to be part of a team in order to run! Your individual performance will still be tracked and added on to your company’s overall achievement.
13. Is there a minimum distance I have to run?
No, you do not need to cover a minimum distance. However, you are strongly encouraged to run as much as you can within the 2 weeks as you will be contributing to the community map goal of 100,000 km.
1. How do I log in?
An email will be sent to you to inform you to download the SGX Bull Charge app. You will be provided with a temporary password. Once you’ve downloaded the SGX Bull Charge app, login with your registered email address and the temporary email password provided. Upon logging in, please change your password for security purposes.
2. I cannot seem to log in. What should I do?
If you are unable to login, please send an email to email@example.com to inform us of the issues that you have encountered. Additionally, do ensure you have successfully completed your registration for the Virtual Charity Run prior to downloading the app.
3. I have reset my password but I forgot what it is.
Should you forget your password thereafter, you can tap “Forgot password?” and a password reset email will be sent to you.
1. How do I setup my avatar?
Upon logging into the app, you will be prompted to setup your avatar. You will be able to customise your avatar with different skin tone, hairstyle and attire colors.
2. How do I make changes to my avatar?
Tap on your avatar profile picture on the home page to access your account settings. Tap on “Update Avatar” to access your avatar set up page to make changes to your avatar.
3. Can I save my avatar picture and where will it be saved?
You avatar photo will be downloaded to your Downloads folder. Do check your Downloads folder.
B. Create/ Join a Team
1. How do I become a part of a team?
You can be part of a team by either:
A. Creating a new team.
B. Joining an existing team that you have been invited to.
2. How do I create/ form a team?
To create/form a team, take these following steps during your app onboarding process after your avatar set up has been completed:
A. Select “Run As A Team” for your Running Mode
B. Tap “Create A New Team” to form a team
C. Key in a team name of your choice
D. Add your team members via their registered email address.
3. How do I join a team?
To join a team, take these following steps during your app onboarding process:
A. Select “Run As A Team” for your Running Mode.
B. Tap on “Join an Existing Team”.
C. Key in the team name you have been invited to.
D. Check the details of the team to ensure that you are joining the right team before tapping “Join This Team”.
4. How do I know if I have been added to a team?
You will receive an email to your registered email address to inform you that you have been added to a team by the team captain. You will be provided with the team name in the email, which you would require to input in the app during the onboarding process in order to join the team.
5. Can I change teams?
No, you will not be able to change your team once you have created or joined one.
6. Are teams required to run together?
No, it is optional to form a team. Every participant is able to run individually in his/her own space any time.
7. Can I still run as an individual despite being in a team?
Yes, you are able to run individually even though you are part of a team. Your individual performance will be tracked and it will contribute to the team’s overall performance, as well as your individual performance.
C. Recording your Runs / Walks on the App
1. Can I walk instead of run?
Yes, you may clock your walks via the App.
2. How do I clock my runs / walks?
Login to the App and tap on “Start Running” on the Home page. Thereafter, select either “Run Your Own Route” or “SGX Bull Route”. Once you’re ready to start your run/walk, click on “Start Running”. Once you’ve completed your session, remember to click on “End Run For Today”.
3. Can I run indoors on the treadmill?
Yes, you may run indoors on the treadmill to clock your distance. You do have to carry the mobile phone on you in order for the App to track run on the treadmill.
D. Run Routes
1. Do I have to run outdoors?
As this is a virtual run, participants can run or walk in your own space – be it indoors or outdoors, at any time.
2. What are SGX Bull Routes?
We also have suggested SGX Bull Route included in the app if you need a route to run or walk. The cities available for SGX Bull Route includes Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai and London.
You can view the SGX Bull Route by tapping the “My Run”, click on “SGX Bull Route“, click on “Start Running“.
Note: These maps are visual representations only. Participants should remain alert and aware of any traffic and their surroundiings.
1. How can I track and see my company’s, my team’s and my own ranking on the app?
There are five leaderboards available:
- Individual Male
- Individual Female
- Chief Challenge
Each leaderboard will show the Top 100 in each category and your own current standing.
2. Are there any prizes for top runners?
The following categories will qualify for prizes:
i. Chief Challenge:
- 1st place – 6X of total distance clocked by company
- 2nd place – 4X of total distance clocked by company
- 3rd place – 2X of total distance clocked by company
ii. Mass Run:
- Top 3 individual female participants
- Top 3 individual male participants
- Top team
3. How do I know if I have won?
The leaderboards for Chief Challenge, Male, Female and Team categories will be updated with the top 100 placings. The top 3 in each category will receive prizes. We will reach out to you via your registered email address to inform you on how to collect/ redeem your prize.
1. When can I download the app?
The app will be available for download in mid-October.
2. Where can I download the app when it is ready?
The app will be available on Google Play for Andriod users and on App Store for iOS users.